AMPLATZER Septal Occluder (ASO) is designed for minimally-invasive atrial septal defect (ASD) closure.1 This double-disc occluder is comprised of Nitinol mesh with polyester fabric. The ASO is designed to appose the septal wall on each side of the defect and create a platform for tissue in-growth after implantation.
When Simplicity Matters
The primary treatment option for closure of secundum atrial septal defects is with transcatheter devices.2 This is when trust and simplicity matter. The AMPLATZER Septal Occluder is the proven standard of care in transcatheter atrial septal defect closure1, 2
Safety in Numbers
- 98.5% Closure Rate: With no significant residual shunt (less than 2 mm) at 1-year follow-up1
- Low Major and Minor Complication Rates: Post-procedure and long-term based on 5-year follow-up1
Specifically Designed for ASD Closure
- Wide Waist: Centers device and fills the ASD
- Shape-memory Nitinol Mesh: Designed to securely appose both sides of the septal wall
- Polyester Material: Promotes occlusion and tissue in-growth
- Precise Placement: Device can be easily recaptured and redeployed
Prior to using these devices, please review the Instructions for Use for a complete listing of indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, potential adverse events and directions for use.
Visit St. Jude Medical for more information.